I have been wanting to try creating a fake chalkboard effect in Photoshop, and I finally got around to it when making this card :)
Here is how I did it:
- Using a pencil, letter your message
- Scan it, bring it into Photoshop and clean it up using Levels
- Invert your image by going to Images > Adjustments > Invert or by using Command-i
- Bring in a chalkboard image as your background layer
- Select the layer with your message and change the blending mode to "Screen"
Want to make an envelope to go with it? Simply fold the paper (I'm using vellum paper) around the edges of the card, cut off the extra pieces and glue the edges together with a glue stick. Tip: having an actual envelope in front of you for reference will help you figure out where to cut and fold :)